EEX9.2: Expense Report Getting Approved From Email Even When Budget Status Is Not Valid
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Expense Report getting approved from email even when Budget Status is not valid
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- enable KK for Expenses and GL. Required that both EX and GL are selected.
- Expenses Options page - Budget Checking Required Before EX Approval is checked
- Configure BU for KK
- An Overview on the Budget - For Account 500000, Department 42000 and Budget Period 2016 the Budget is 200 USD
- Employee Profile for Kenneth Schumacher - HR Supervisor is Scott, William
- Set Email address for HR Supervisor
- Transaction Definition for ER – HR Supervisor is checked
1. Create Expense Report for Kenneth Schumacher
2. Submit Expense Report
3. Check email for HR Supervisor, approval email is received
4. Run Budget Checking for ER ID= 0000000198 - Budget Status is “Error in Budget Check”
5. Approve ER from email
6. Check the email for Repository (EOAWuser7) – email is received
7. Run the EOAWEMC process
8. Email from Repository is deleted
Expense Report can be approved from email even when Budget Status is “Error in Budget Check”.
System should not allow an Approver to approve an Expense Report when Budget status is not Valid.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms