Contract Amount Goes Negative When PO Prices Is Changed After Receipt Is Created And RTV Is Entered
(Doc ID 2244340.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Contract amount goes negative when PO prices is changed after receipt is created and RTV is entered
Issue: System is allowing the Contract amount to go negative when the PO prices is changed after the receipt is created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new contract for the Supplier and Item for which you will create PO in the next step.
2. Create a PO for qty 2 with price 445 (Merchandise amt of 990) for the same item and supplier for which the contract was created in the previous step.
3. Verify that contract is applied to the PO. Review the contract
Note: Contract release amount is updated to 990. (This is the amount for which PO was created).
Contract line release qty is updated to 2. (This is the qty for which PO was created).
4. Create receipt from the PO for the full PO qty of 2 with price 445 (Merchandise amt of 990).
5. Go back to the PO and Update the price on the Po to ZERO. Price update successfully on PO to ZERO.
Note: Even though the receipt is created for this PO with the price 445, still system allowed us to change the price on the PO to Zero.
6. Review the contract
Note: Contract release amount is updated to 0. (This happened because the price was updated to ZERO on the PO).
Contract line release qty is still 2. (because there was no change on the qty on the PO).
7. Create RTV from the receipt for qty 2 with price 445 (Merchandise amt of 990)
Note: The price for RTV is 495.00 (Total amount 990) as it was created from the receipt, even though the price on the PO was updated to Zero.
8. Run the Reconcile RTV process to close the RTV
9. Review the contract
Issue: Contract release amount is updated to negative -990. (This happened because RTV was created).
Contract line release qty is updated to 0 which is correct. (This happened because RTV was created for qty 2).
Observation: It seems that system is reducing the Contract release amount twice. Once when the PO price is changed to Zero after the receipt is already entered and second when RTV is created from the receipt.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document