Online Merge Applicants Throws SQL Fatal Error
(Doc ID 2245431.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to merge as Target applicant in Manage Applicant,
the following errors occur.
A SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
Fatal SQL error occurred. (2,125) HRS_APPLICANT_TRACKING.RecruitmentTracking.DATA.RecruitmentStatus.OnExecute Name:Save PCPC:1635
Called from: HRS_APPLICANT_TRACKING.RecruitmentTracking.INTFC.RecruitmentStatus.OnExecute Name:Save Statement:8
Called from: HRS_COMMON.OBJ_STATUS_EFFECTS.BUS.StatusEffectsMngr.OnExecute Name:statusEffectsRcmntSmry Statement:563
Called from: HRS_COMMON.OBJ_STATUS_EFFECTS.BUS.StatusEffectsMngr.OnExecute Name:processEffect Statement:903
Called from: HRS_COMMON.OBJ_STATUS_EFFECTS.BUS.StatusEffe
A SQL error has occurred, review the SQL to determine the cause of the error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an external applicant with the existing internal emplid details and currently does not exist as an applicant in the PS_HRS_APPLICANT table.
2. Under Applications Tab Click Edit Application Icon.
3. Choose any Job Opening. Save, then click Return.
4. Click Manage Applicant
5. Click Mark Reviewed, close the Message, then click Interview Schedule/Evaluation
6. Click Create Interview
7. Set the interview details accordingly and click Submit.
8. Now Evaluate the applicant
9. Complete Evaluation accordingly and hit Submit
10. Now login as the internal employee User and access internal candidate gateway page which will create an internal applicant on the PS_HRS_APPLICANT table.
11. You can check the Database to confirm that both applicants exist in the PS_HRS_APPLICANT table.
12. Log out and log back in as Admin/Manager.
13. Navigate to Recruiting > Administration > Process Duplicate Applicants
14. Click Create New Search
15. Choose First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, then Run the Process.
16. Wait for Process to say Success and Posted.
17. Go back to Process Duplicate Applicants page and click View Duplicates
18. Locate the duplicates for the applicants you have been working with.
19. Mark external applicant as source and internal applicant as target and process the merge.
20. Once the merge process completes success you can confirm by going back to Review Duplicate Applicants page and verifying the Duplicate Set Status is Merged.
21. Now open any other external applicant profile and try performing online merge with the above internal applicant profile.
22. Click the Applicant Name to bring up the Manage Applicant Page.
23. Click Show More Buttons Link to Access the Merge Applicants Link.
24. Add Previous Internal Applicant, then mark external applicant as target and internal applicant as source, then click Merge.
25. Observe Errors 1, 2, and 3.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document