Depending on the Order Purchase Order Line Information is Entered, the Receiving Requirements do not Default from the Item Category
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Depending on the Order you enter a PO Line, Receiving Reqd may or may not default from Item Category
When entering a PO Line for a PO Business Unit that has default from Contract Line turned on, if you enter the data out of sequence (category last) on a line that has no Inventory Item ID, the receiving required value for the category does not default on the line.
The receiving requirements should be correct no matter the order of the data entry.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Verify the Receiving setup for Category = ABC. (Required)
2. Create a purchase order and enter the line details in the order displayed.
3. Receiving Requirements = Required.
4. Create another purchase order and enter the Category value after entering the other line information.
5. Save the PO.
6. First message = Due Date is blank. Populate the Due Date and Save.
7. Second message = Account is blank. Populate the Account and Save.
8. Review the Receiving flag = OPTIONAL. Should be Required.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, receiving flag is incorrect on some purchase order lines.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms