Alert Emails not Generated When Using a Query by User List against PSOPRDEFN Table
Last updated on JULY 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : HCM 9.2 Alerts created using User List
Created alert Definitions for Several Queries, with a User List based off of a Query that returns the Email Address from PSOPRDEFN. The Queries Defined in the Alert Definitions are Returning several Rows, but the Alerts are not being Emailed to the User or Displaying in the Alert Notification Window in the Header Bar.
That Email alerts should be sent to Person who were included in the User List Query.
The issue can be Reproduced at will with the Following Steps:
1. Navigate to Reporting Tools >> Query >> Query Manager
CREATE a Query Name : “PS_ALERT_TEST”
FROM PSOPRDEFN A
WHERE (A.OPRID = ‘RCHANNING’)
2. Navigate to Main Menu >> Enterprise Components >> Events & Notifications >> Alerts >> User List Definition
3. User List is Defined Based on Query Name
4. Create an Alert Definition Using the USER list “Alert Query”
5. Run the Alert for Query Name “PS_ALERT_TEST
6. Log out and log in as RCHANNING/RCHANNING
7. Note the Alert was not sent to the USER.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms