"Copy Attributes Across Unit" Option Showing All Business Units Even If the User Only Has Limited Access
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Business Unit security does not stop a user having limited access to some Business Units from copying item attributes from a business unit to any business unit in the system.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Security by User ID for Business units configured.
2. User only has access to 3 BUs.
3. Run Apply Security Setups process to apply the changes.
4. Copy Item, selecting Copy Attributes Across Unit option.
5. The Source Unit prompt only shows US001, US002 and US003 BUs, which is correct, because the user only has access to these BUs.
6. But then all 35 business units appear and the user can pick and save anyone it wants.
7. The user cannot access the item in the new Business Unit that they created, but they should not have been able to create/ copy items in Business Units that they do not have access to in the first place.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms