Long Character Field As Bind Variable Adds Text In The Middle Of The Document Instead Of The End
(Doc ID 2248413.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Supplier Contract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Description: Wizard response to a long char type bind variable when refreshed stores new text in between the existing text instead of at the end.
Sequence of events to replicate:
Supplier Contracts Management wizard question has a Bind variable of type STRING and the length as LONG CHAR.
1. Generate the document by answering all the question in the wizard and type text in the Long Char variable.
2. Once the wizard saves, checkout the saved word document, add text somewhere in the word document and save the document.
3. Check in the saved word document.
4. Click refresh and re-launch the wizard questions for the same document.
5. Modify the Long Char bind variable by adding more text at the end of the scrollable field.
6. Finish the wizard, save the wizard.
7. Click on view the document.
8. Document shows the newly added comments but the comments will not be at the end. the comments will appear in the middle of the long field in between the previously entered text.
Expected result: Comments added at the end of the Long Char bind variable will be added at the end and not in the middle of the existing text.
Business impact: Product is in System testing phase and users are looking forward for this functionality to work as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document