Error Displaying Requisition Schedule Distribution Details
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Requisitions
When attempting to searching for a Requisition that has row in the PS_REQ_LN_DIST_VW view where BUDGET_LINE_STATUS = W,
the following error occurs.
Assignment of "USD" to REQ_PNLS_WRK.CURRENCY_CD failed.
The assignment to the specified field failed.
The failure can be caused by any one of several problems. The new value could be too long to fit into the field, the new value could have too many digits (possibly including a sign) to the left of the decimal point to fit into the numeric field, there could be problems converting the new value to internal format, the field might not be present in the page buffers (rare), or there could be a memory allocation error (very rare).
Review the program for errors. If necessary, run a PeopleCode trace to determine the program that failed. A trace including "Show Assignments to Variables" will trace the new value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- 1. Search for a requisition that has row in the PS_REQ_LN_DIST_VW view where BUDGET_LINE_STATUS = W
- Navigate to: Purchasing > Requisitions > Review Requisition Information > Requisition
- Search for the requisition that has a BUDGET_LINE_STATUS = W and drill down to try and view the schedule distribution details – the following error will display
- Click OK to the error and this next error will display:
- In the FUNCLIB_POINTFC.PB_BUDGET_CHECK FieldFormula function GetPreDistEncumBal, comment out this line: &RSLEVEL1_REC_1.CURRENCY_CD.value = &RSENCUMBAL_OBJ.CURRENCY_CD.VALUE;
- Then repeat the steps above the distribution information will display.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms