EAP: User is Getting "Data Being Added Conflicts With Existing Data. (18,2)" When Cloning an Existing Approval Process Definition
(Doc ID 2249133.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User is getting error when trying to setup the new approval process flow by cloning the delivered approval process flow.
1) Go to Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Approval Process Setup.
2) Open the delivered 01/01/1900 Voucher approval and clone it.
3) Click on the Criteria for Analyst.
4) Change the criteria type from “Always True” to “User Entered”.
5) Use the Ship To field as criteria.
6) Set the rules for the field Not to be blank and also to be in a certain List of Values.
7) Click on OK.
Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2).
When adding a new item to the database, the system found a conflicting item already exists.
This problem can happen if another user has entered similar information at the same time as you. Note the changes you have made, cancel the page, then retry your changes.
If the problem persists, it may be because of an application or other programming error and should be reported to technical support staff.
This error occurs when the keys on the record being inserted match a record that is already in the database. The application must ensure that each inserted record has unique keys.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!