EAM 9.2: AMPS1000 Fails With Error ORA-01438 When Asset Cost Value Is Larger Than 10 Digits
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
AMPS1000 fails with error if an asset with amount of more than 10 digits is used.
File: E:\pt85510b-retail\peopletools\src\psappeng\aebuf.cppSQL error. Stmt #: 723 Error Position: 2 203 Return: 1438 - ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed for this column Failed SQL stmt: UPDATE PS_AMPS_LVL2_AET SET PRE_INTFC_ID = :1, PRE_INTFC_LINE_NUM = :2, DTTM_STAMP = TO_TIMESTAMP(:3,'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS.FF'), INTFC_ID = :4, INTFC_LINE_NUM = :5, TRANS_DT = TO_DAT E(:6,'YYYY-MM-DD'), ACCOUNTING_DT = TO_DATE(:7,'YYYY-MM-DD'), BUSINESS_UNIT_PO = :8, PO_ID = :9, PO_ LINE_NBR = :10, SCHED_NBR = :11, PO_DIST_LINE_NUM = :12, BUSINESS_UNIT_RECV = :13, RECEIVER_ID = :14 , RECV_LN_NBR = :15, RECV_SHIP_SEQ_NBR = :16, RECV_DIST_LINE_NUM = :17, DISTRIB_SEQ_NUM = :18, BUSIN ESS_UNIT_AP = :19, VOUCHER_ID = :20, VOUCHER_LINE_NUM = :21, DISTRIB_LINE_NUM = :22, BUSINESS_UNIT_A P2 = :23, VOUCHER_ID2 = :24, VOUCHER_LINE_NUM2 = :25, DISTRIB_LINE_NUM2 = :26, BUSINESS_UNIT_AM = :2
1. Create an Asset with more than 10 digit amount, save it.
2. Run depr and accounting for this asset.
3. Create a Voucher and provide the asset info created in step 1. Save and post it.
4. Interface to AM, load from AP and load to AM (INTFCAPAM, AMPS1000 and AMIF1000)
5. ADJ entry will be created so run Depr and accounting again.
6. Now to reverse voucher entry from this asset first unpost voucher.
7. Run interface to AM process.
8. Run AMPS1000.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms