EPY: Maximum Yearly Limits may not be Applied Correctly when Separate Checks are Paid
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The amounts that were added to an EE via other earnings for earning codes with a Maximum Limit set up were reduced when Payroll Calc job was run
• EE is a full time employee and two one-time earnings were added with same amount which is $1,848.
• When the Calc(PSPPYRUN) process was run one of the earnings amount was reduced to $304.
• Two checks were produced for same pay period and same earning code.
• The earning code has a maximum yearly earning set to 4000$.
• The employee was not previously paid under this earnings code.
• The audit record for PAY_OTHER_EARNINGS captured only one row with ADD action and no change rows were inserted for the earnings added through other earning.
• The pay period being date starts in the dec-2015 and pay period ends in Jan 2016.
• We tried to replicate the issue with the same dates but the amount was not reduced.
• The EE was not paid under this earn code throughout 2015 and this is the first time he is getting paid in 2016 under this earn code.
• We have similar employees where the amounts and pay periods were different but the earning code was same and out of two other earnings (same amount), one is reduced.
• Can you let us know how the amounts are being reduced?
Other earnings pay should not be reduced when earnings code is being paid on two different checks in the same pay period.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms