Form I-9: Employer Sign Date is Changed to Date when Replacement Document is Presented
Last updated on MAY 03, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee provides Replacement Documents for Receipts, the Employer Sign Date is updated to the date the Replacement Document was presented making it look like the I9 Form was completed late. However, the employer sign date should not be updated, only the Document Number field should be updated with the Employer's Initials and the new date when the Replacement Document was presented.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Employee completes I-9 Form, Navigation: Main Menu > Self Service > Personal Information > Form I-9
2. Employer completes I9 Form with presented Receipt Document on 1/20/17, Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Form I-9 > Complete/Reverify EE Form I-9
3. Employee presents Replacement Document at a later date, ex: a month later on 2/20/17
4. Employer updates the document by unchecking Receipt box and updating Document Number and expiration date
5. Note, when Manager Submits form the Employer sign Date is updated to the new date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms