Sequence of Job Posting Descriptions differs on Careers page and Posting Preview
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sequence of Job Posting Descriptions differs on Careers page and Posting Preview. The descriptions appear in the correct sequence while previewing the posting template while creating the Job Opening.
However once the Job opening is posted on Careers, the order of the various descriptions changes. The one marked in Sequence 1 appears last.
1) Create the Posting Template with various sequences of Posting Description
2) Mapped Job Opening Posting ID '1003' in Recruiting Template
3) New Job Opening Creation - Job Opening ID - 305091
4) Preview Job Posting- Who May Apply comes first as per sequence defined in template(posting template)
5) After Job Opening creation ¿ Running SES index
6) Careers Page (Main Menu -> Self Service -> Recruiting -> Careers)
7) Who May Apply appears last irrespective of sequence defined (posting template)
8) Changing the sequence in Job Posting Template (1003) - To check whether the problem with sequence or with the job posting description
Other Information - 6
Who May Apply - 1
The above interchanged in '1003' job posting template
Other Information - 1
Who May Apply - 6
9) Job Posting Template
Creation of new Job Opening
Preview Job Posting- Other Information comes first as per sequence defined in
10) New Job Opening created - Job Opening ID : 305092
After Job Opening creation & Running SES index
Careers Page (Main Menu -> Self Service -> Recruiting -> Careers)
As per the above testing, its been identified the problem is not with posting description. Its with sequence.
Scenario 2 :
The Careers page Job posting shows Qualifications second and Responsibilities first, ignoring the template data . It is expected that the Careers page Job Posting would respect the template data and show the Qualifications first and Responsibilities second
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Recruiting>Search Job Opening and searched for Job Opening 504071
2. Click on the Job, then Details, then the Job Posting
3. Click on the Job Posting and note that the posting has two sections: Qualifications (above) and Responsibilities (below).
4. Click the Preview posting button
5. Note the Order of the sections are shown as is expected with Qualifications (above) and Responsibilities (below) as per the posting
6. Next, navigate to Self Service>Recruiting>Careers
7. Search for job 504071
8. Click on the Job and note that the Responsibilities are listed first and Qualifications are listed second.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms