Last updated on APRIL 10, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An error message appears when trying to key in the symbols <> in a requisition line comment. The message is misleading and says "Please do not delete comment's pre formatted left and right arrow symbols <<,>>. (18036, 13083).
We also noticed that it was introduced in 9.2 via an issue number of 19682580. The code is found in record comments_wrk1.comments_2000.FieldChange.
Our users want to be able to enter the <> at will in comments.
ERROR: Please do not delete comment's pre formatted left and right arrow symbols <<,>> . (18036,13083)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an epro requisition
2. Enter the special request line. click Add to Cart, then Checkout.
3. Click the comment bubble at the end of the Line.
4. Enter comment text and add brackets <>. Click OK
5. Message is received: Please do not delete comment's pre formatted left and right arrow symbols <<,>> . (18036,13083)
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are unable to use brackets within the line comment.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms