Received Fatal SQL Error when Saving Supplier Record Profile Question Response. "SQL error in Exec. (2,280) SUP_PROF_QST_V.QUESTION_ID FieldFormula"
(Doc ID 2256749.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to save response to Supplier Profile Question
While recording the response for Supplier Profile Question (defined as "Text" type), received fatal error and eventually unable to save the supplier.
1. A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details
2. SQL error in Exec. (2,280) SUP_PROF_QST_V.QUESTION_ID FieldFormula Name Save_ProfileResponse PCPC 4463. Statement 48. Called from SUP_PROF_RES_WK.NAME1.SavePostChange.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable profile questions, adding at least one with a Question Type = Text
2. Display a Supplier record and click into the Profile Questions link.
3. Add text to the required profile question that has approx 1900 characters (with spaces).
4. Save the page
5.. Error messages are received
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot save the supplier record
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!