E-QR: How To Use "=" Operator When Using CASE Statement In Query Expression
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using "=" operator in the case statement as shown below, the result is taking the else part even though the condition is true while executing the query.
case when :2 = 'THERESA' then 'match' else 'no match' end
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new query, add a record, for instance:Record--INSTALLATION
2. check one of the field under Query tab and click on expression tab:--Company
3. Click on add expression, add a bind variable in expression text with length 10
4. Add another expression with below case statement as shown below
CASE WHEN :1 ='AU' THEN 'NAME' else 'undefined' END
5. Under the prompts add the table (for instance: COMPANY_TBL) and create a prompt for the table.
6. View the SQL and run the SQL and observe the SQL displaying the ELSE part.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms