Last updated on APRIL 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It appears The fluid Report Time page uses the ACCT_CD_TBL for the combination code lookup, instead of VALID_COMBO_TBL. As a result, only combination codes that have been previously used in transactions from other HR pages can be used in Report Time.
This is different behavior than the classic Timesheet page which uses VALID_COMBO_TBL for the combination code lookup. VALID_COMBO_TBL contains all of the combination codes that we have brought across from our Finance system, regardless of whether we have used them in an HR transaction.
As a result of the fluid Report Time behavior, the employee cannot enter time against a combination code that has not been previously used. We need to artificially use the code on another HR page before the employee can use it in Report Time.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a band new combo code from GL side. Do not use this code on any page in HR system.
Note: Employee needs to be setup for Commitment Accounting Task Configuration.
2. Login into FLUID Time Entry as the employee by cicking on the Time tile then select Report Time.
3. Select TRC, enter the hours.
4. Click on Time Details. Then enter the business unit for the new combo code.
5. Now click on the hour glass next to the combo code field then expand the Search Criteria.
6. Enter the Account Code and Department fields only for the new Combo Code then click Search.
7. Note No rows are found.
8. Now go over to the Classic Timesheet and essentially run the same test by enter time then clicking on chartfields link to enter the account and department then click OK.
9. Note the Combo Code is found as expected.
User unable to populate brand combo code from the FLUID side which delays processing and causes confusion for user.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms