Why Does the Service Operation SAD_SAVEAPPL Promote Data to Production Records Using AAWS, or Admission Applications Web Services?
(Doc ID 2259497.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using AAWS web service SAD_CREATEAPPL, constituent data (e.g. prior education) is added to staging records for an existing applicant, although data is not added online. Data is updated from production to staging.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Set Up SACR > System Administration > Utilities > Sample User Interfaces >Sample Online Application. Using SOLA, add a new application (without prior education data) for a new applicant.
2. Go to Student Admissions > Application Transaction Mgmt > Application Transactions and post the application.
3. Add prior education in the production environment by navigating to Student Admissions > Application Maintenance.
4. Return to SOLA and log in using same user profile. Apply for another program and click on the Create Application button.
5. Using SQL Developer, query the database by comparing staging records to their comparable production record.
6. Go to Student Admissions > Application Transaction Mgmt > Constituent Staging to view that prior education is visible in constituent staging component and Constituent Status has been changed from "New ID Created" to "Loaded".
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are confused that data is updated from production to staging, when it is expected that functionality works in one direction - front end to staging to production.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document