EGL9.2: Row Level Security For Projects Doesn’t Work On Online Journal Entry Page
Last updated on JUNE 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Row level security for projects doesn’t work on online journal entry page.
Steps to replicate:
1. Security options set up to 'User ID level Security' . Select checkboxes against Business unit, Set ID & Project fields
2. Set up values in Business unit by User ID, Table set by User ID & Project Security for User ID.
3. Run security build process to apply changes.
4. On journal entry lines page select PC business unit from prompt. Only mapped PC BUs that were allowed as per security set ups are available.
5. Select corresponding Project ID from prompt. All mapped projects for PC BU are still available in prompt.[ Project level security is not working.]
6. Save the Journal.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Journal couldn’t be uploaded as few project ids that are not allowed by project security have been used. These errors weren’t encountered during online Journal entry. This is inconsistent behaviour.
Project security should work on online journal entry page as it does on spreadsheet journal upload.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms