EAP: Pay Cycle (AP_APY2015) ABENDED at Step AP_WTHDCALC.PRE_P8H2.Step03 processing Voucher with Withholding Flag un-checked
(Doc ID 2262494.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A problem with Pay Cycle AE Program (AP_APY2015) has been detected after the implementation of PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM 9.2 Image #21.
Payment Selection and Creation is run and selects different Vouchers for Withholding Suppliers. If one of the Vouchers was un-selected for Withholding, the process abends at Step AP_WTHDCALC.PRE_P8H2.Step03 with an error.
The process abends if there is more than one Payment being made to a Withholding Supplier, and for one of the Vouchers, the PS_VOUCHER_LINE.WTHD_SW = 'N', and the PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD.WTHD_SW = 'Y'. This prevents eligible Vouchers from being paid.
It seems that the problem stems from the fact of having created initially a Voucher for a Withholding Supplier, which automatically populated Record PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD. But, once the Invoice Withholding Applicable flag is un-selected at the Header level, the same row in PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD does not get updated accordingly. As such, a data inconsistency is generated, which causes the Pay Cycle to end up in No Success.
+ At Pay Cycle Manager level:
The Pay Cycle has not processed successfully. (7250,155)
The Pay Cycle Payment Selection or Payment Creation process has failed. Check message log for any error messages. Once the problem has been resolved, reset your Pay Cycle and resume processing.
+ At Process Monitor Message Log level:
File: e:\pt85513b-retail\peopletools\src\psappeng\aedebug.hSQL error. Stmt #: 1723 Error Position: 0 Return: 8605 - [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'EXS_TAX_AMT_S', table 'E920G7VE.dbo.PS_WTHD_CALC7_TAO'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails.
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The s
Failed SQL stmt: UPDATE PS_WTHD_CALC7_TAO SET EXS_TAX_AMT_S = :1, DSCNT_AMT_S = :2, FREIGHT_AMT_S = :3, MISC_CHG_AMT_S = :4, TAX_AMT_S = :5, VAT_AMT_S = :6, MERCHANDISE_AMT_S = :7 WHERE PROCESS_INSTANCE = 115547 AND BUSINESS_UNIT = :8 AND VOUCHER_ID = :9
Process 115547 ABENDED at Step AP_WTHDCALC.PRE_P8H2.Step03 (SQL) -- RC = 8605 (108,524) "
1. Have two Suppliers configured for Withholding functionality, such as IDs USA1099003, and USA1099008
2. Create a new Voucher transaction for Supplier ID USA1099003 under Business Unit US001, and ensure it is Withholding Applicable, and Due Immediately
3. Run Voucher Posting for this first transaction
4. Create a second Voucher, this time for Supplier ID USA10990008, also under Business Unit US001, and set it to Due Immediately
5. Once the transaction has been saved, go to the Invoice Information tab, and click on the Withholding available link
6. Un-check the 'Withholding Applicable' flag from the Invoice Line Withholding Information section, but leave selected the 'Applicable' check-box from the Withholding Details section
7. Go back to the Invoice Information tab, and save the changes
8. Query Record PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD for this second Voucher, and confirm that nothing has changed
9. Run Voucher Posting for this second Voucher
10. Define a new Pay Cycle with the proper Selection Criteria to pick up the 2 previously created Vouchers
11. Ensure that the AP_APY2015 AE Program does not have any tracing options defined at the PeopleTools Process level
12. Launch the Payment Selection & Creation for the new Pay Cycle
13. The AP_APY2015 AE Program abends in No Success with an Error Message
For more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the document Replication Steps Word Document for the complete configuration and replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document