EAP: Withholding Surcharge Amount does not calculate Withholding correctly
(Doc ID 2263548.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Withholding calculation does not include Surcharge Amount.
1. Withholding Rule setup
- Percent Withheld is 1%
- Surcharge is 10.40 %
2. Set Withholding Entity setup
3. Set Withholding Type setup
4. Set Withholding Type setup
5. Set Withhold Jurisdiction
6. Set Business Unit Categories setup
7. Set Business Unit Withholding setup
- Add the new Withholding Entity
8. Created new Supplier
- Ensure Withholding Supplier Information is properly setup
9. Create a Voucher for 20000 for the newly created Supplier
- Ensure that Withholding Information is as setup and shows the newly created Withholding setup in previous steps
10. Run Voucher Posting
11. Check generated Accounting Entries:
Merch Amount = $20,000.
Expected Withholding Calc:
Withholding tax= $20000 * .01 = $200
Surcharge = 10.4% * 200 = $20.80
Expected Total Withholding is $200 + $20.80 = $220.80
Withholding Liability on Voucher Accounting Entries is $200 and not $220.80, as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document