ETL 9.2: Approval Location Setting On Payable Time Is Not Working Correctly
(Doc ID 2264363.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Approvals
Approval Location Setting on Payable Time is not working correctly
The Time reporting template is configured to allow approval of Payable Time on Detail Page Only. It's working correctly in most cases; however, Select checkbox and Approve/Deny/Pushback buttons are displayed for certain employees.
On Approve Payable Time page there is an issue which causes the page to erroneously display Select checkbox for certain employees when Start Date on the page is earlier than employee’s enrollment in TL date.
The checkbox should not be grayed out.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. <Test Employee> is enrolled in workgroup KUTL3WRKGP and Taskgroup KUTSKGRP9. She has KUTRTMP01 and KUTRTMP02 Time Reporting Templates assigned to her.
2. Configure these templates to allow approval of Payable Time on Detail Page only.
3. Submit time for <Test Employee> for the week beginning 3/20/17
4. Log in as Approver and approve time for the employee
5. Run Time Admin
6. Log in as Approver , navigate to Approve Payable Time.
Note that Select checkbox is grayed out and no Approve/Deny/Pushback buttons are not present, as expected.
7. Modify Time Reporter Data for <Test Employee> so that employee is enrolled in TL as of 3/22/17, and Workgroup/Taskgroup/Time Reporting Template is the same as Approver
8. Submit and approve Reported Time for <Test Employee> on 3/22 and 3/23
9. Run Time Admin for <Test Employee>:
10. Log in as Approver , navigate to Approve Payable Time
Note that Select checkbox is enabled for <Test Employee> (NOT as expected) and Approve/Deny/Push Back buttons are now present.
11. Change Start Date on the page to 3/23/17.
Note that Select check box is now grayed out for <Test Employee>, and Approve/Deny/Pushback buttons are gone.
Conclusion: There is a bug on Approve Payable Time page which causes the page to erroneously display Select checkbox for certain employees when Start Date on the page is earlier than employee’s enrollment in TL date.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, for certain employees the reported time cannot be approved by the correspondent managers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document