Last updated on MAY 10, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The PC Interest Calculation process, PC_INTEREST, always selects the current-effective dated row from the PROJ_STATUS table ignoring the transaction date on the project transaction in the PROJ_RESOURCE table. PC_INTEREST should be applying the current effective date based on the Transaction Date ( or accounting date) on the PROJ_RESOURCE table. Due to this issue, interest may not be calculated correctly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a project and select the 'Allow Interest Calculation' on the Project Definition page.
- Add an activity.
- Add a project status row for the start of the project with an interest calculation factor of 1.0.
- Add a second project status row with a later effective date (that is not future-dated) and an interest calculation factor of 0.0.
- Add two cost transactions to the activity with dates that should be covered by the different status row dates.
- Run PC_INTEREST - no interest is calculated at all
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms