Last updated on JULY 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new asset transaction (load_status = NEW) via Unitization, many of the fields can be edited on the "TO Assets" page of the Unitize component. But if further changes need to be made prior to loading the unitized assets you cannot edit them via the unitize component once you have exited that component. When navigating to Asset Management > Send/Receive Information > Interface Transactions > Review to edit the transaction and receive this warning message:
"Transaction was created from a Consolidation or Unitization transaction. (8010,408). It is suggested to make any updates to this transaction in the Consolidation or Unitization component. Changing the Load Status or Approved status can be done here."
This warning message is saying to go to the unitize component to edit the transaction but the transaction can no longer be edited in this component.
The expectation is that the To Asset page at Navigate to Asset Management > Send/Receive Transactions > Interface Transactions > Unitize will have a pencil for opening the page up to edit the new assets created via the unitization before loading them into AM.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Open up all interface fields for entry at Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > User Preferences > Define User Preferences; under Edit Options for Interface Transactions, Select ALL for all pages listed (4). Save the page.
2) Select an asset to unitize at Navigate to Asset Management > Send/Receive Transactions > Interface Transactions > Unitize.
3) Click on EZUnitize and enter the number of assets you want to create. In other words, I selected an asset with a quantity of 8. I Entered a Unitize Quantity of 4 to create 4 assets with a quantity of 2 each. Save the page (To Assets).
3) Navigate to Asset Management > Send/Receive Transactions > Interface Transactions > Unitize; Search on the unitized assets and select 1 to edit.
4) Tab to the To Assets page. There is no pencil to click on to open the page up for editing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms