Last updated on MAY 20, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Absence Management 9.1...issues with delegation.
1. User delegates any task(s)to Proxy 1.
2. Proxy 1 accepts this delegation.
3. Proxy 1 discovers he/she will need to be out of the office.
4. Proxy 1 attempts to delegate tasks to Proxy 2.
5. Any tasks assigned to Proxy 1 are not available in the list of tasks to
assign to Proxy 2.
(This is the acceptable, works as designed behavior of the system... there
should be no 'cascading' delegation.)
1. Proxy 1 either has not received or has not accepted a current delegation.
2. Proxy 1 discovers he/she will need to be out of the office and delegates
any task(s) to Proxy 2.
3. Proxy 2 accepts the delegation.
4. ***Proxy 1 subsequently receives and accepts a delegation, which includes
those same tasks which he/she has already delegated to Proxy 2 (the system
5. When the appropriate/overlapping delegation dates occur, all of the tasks
for both Proxy 1 and the user who delegated to Proxy 1 are now with Proxy 2.
6. If Proxy 1 returns and either revokes proxy or the expiration period has
occurred, he/she will receive his own approvals back, but those of the person
who delegated to him/her remain in Proxy 2's queue, even after the delegation
to Proxy 1 has been revoked/expired.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms