E-ES: Unable to crawl any Search Definition At All - Application Server Does Not Pick up the Published Documents
(Doc ID 2268838.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are so many reasons as to why you may be unable to crawl/build any search definition at all. For this particular case, the symptoms were as follows:
1) Search instance validate connects successfully.
2) We used the PTPORTALREGISTRY to test. It was deployed successfully.
3) When trying to crawl/build it, it appears stuck and never finishes.
4) We could see that the segments were created successfully by the PTSF_GENFEED AE process.
5) But the application server never picked up the published messages in order to process them.
6) Checking the Elasticsearch side, we could not find any documents sent at all.
7) Checking the data feed in PeopleSoft, it was created successfully with correct data.
8) That is why, it appeared that PTSF_GENFEED remained stuck and could never continue. It was waiting on the application server to publish the documents. The customer had to kill it after a very long time waiting.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document