CONTRACT VERSIONS INCORRECT RELEASED AND REMAINING AMOUNTS AFTER PO CHANGE ORDER
Last updated on MAY 31, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Incorrect Line Item released amount, wrong Total released amount and incorrect remaining amounts on both contract versions, after creating a PO change order from ePro Requisition and by running Process Change Orders.
Until the PO change order everything was ok, but after the PO change order, the system has updated the contract versions with Line Item released amount =Total released amount = the PO Change Order value.
In this case, the original PO was associated to contract version 1 and then the change order was associated to contract version2 and this has determined wrong released amounts and wrong remaining amounts on both contract versions.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create and approve an ePro Requisitions for $12900. Before creating the
requisition, please make sure there is no already existing contract for that
supplier because it will affect the customer replication steps.
2. Create a Contract for Maximum Amount $12900 and with the lines amounts
like below. (Contract Version 1)
Please make sure you select the following check boxes/options:
-Price Can be changed on order
-Use Contract Base Price
- Price Qty:Line Quantity
- Qty Type:Current Order Quantity
3. Create a PO by sourcing the Req. I used Expedite Requisitions in order to
create 2 POs like the customer, meaning one PO for each item.
4. Check the contract on each PO and Dispatch the POs. On each PO, please
make sure you select the Contract line too.
5. At this point the Contract Version 1 will have Line Item Released Amount
12900 $= The total amount of the Purchase Order created.
Now add 10000$ to Contract Maximum amount and Contract Line 1 Amount, with a
new contract Version.
Click on the New Version button and the Version 2 will be created in Open
status. Then add 10000$ to the Maximum Amount, as indicated in the
So this was done by putting the max amount =22900$ on the new version. And
increase the contract line 1 item amount with 10000$ too.
Then put the Contract Version 2 in Status Approved and Save.
6. Now do a Change Order on the Requisition by increasing the line 1 amount
from $11400 to $21400.
7. Enter on the first PO, having 11400$ amount, on PO line and change the
contract version 1 to contract version 2, on the PO line, and save.
8. Approve the Change Request.
9. Process Change Orders.
10. The PO amount now changed to $21400 on the PO line and PO header, after
the PO line was assigned to the new contract version.
11. Review the contract and versions.
The Released Amounts were changed to 10000$ (the value of the PO Change
Order) on both Contract Versions , which does not seem correct because the
total released amounts are actually the PO amounts : 21400+ 1500 and this
issue also makes the both contract versions to display incorrect remaining
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms