WorkCenter Page is Throwing an Error when Using the Personalize Link for Link Type 'Menu Item'
(Doc ID 2273342.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue is found in the Buyer WorkCenter, under Personalize Links>Adding a New Row. When anything is placed into the Label field after checking the Override Label checkbox, then UNCHECKING the Override Label checkbox, and then saving it,
causes the link section to crash, and is completely unavailable to fix.
Error: First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member label. (180,236) FSPC_LINK_PGLT.Activate PCPC:5420 Statement: 56
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used."
Steps to Replicate (but do so on a Demo or Test environment. Do not perform these steps in a Production environment where the WorkCenter is being used! it will crash!)
1. Navigate to: Main Menu>Purchasing>Buyer WorkCenter> - the Buyer WorkCenter
2. Click the Links Pagelet Settings
3. Click on Personalize - the Links Pagelet Personalization page displays
4. Click on the Add a New Row at Row 1 button
5. Click into the Group Label field and enter in a Label Name
6. Click the Define link - the Define Link page displays
7. Click the Override Label checkbox - The Label field opens
8. Click into the Label field - enter in anything
9. Uncheck the Override Label checkbox
10. Click the OK button
11. Click the Save button - Error Appears
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document