Last updated on SEPTEMBER 05, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Spreadsheet Journal Batch import Process (GL_EXCL_BATC) increments document sequencing number even if the journal is not imported.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Enable document sequencing on installation option - overall page.
2. Make sure that Document sequencing is enabled for a Business unit used for testing.
3. 'Enable document sequencing' is selected in ‘Define options & defaults’
4. Enter details for journal header. Make sure to enter correct document type.
5. Enter journal lines. Make sure to enter any invalid value.
6. Check Last Doc Seq number assigned.
7. Write sheet data to file by clicking 'Write to File' button.
8. In PIA navigate to General Ledger > Journals Import > Journals > Spreadsheet Journals & run the batch import process GL_EXCL_BATC
9. Check Last Doc Seq number assigned once more.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Document sequence number gets incremented even if journal fails to import.
Document sequence number shouldn't be incremented if journal fails to import.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms