EAM: Audit Logs For COPY_ASSET And ASSET_IUT Events
(Doc ID 2276559.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the Copy Asset functionality to generate new assets, the COPY_ASSET audit event is logged for the original asset and the asset created from the copy transaction.
When using the Inter Unit Transfer (IUT) functionality to transfer or retire and add assets, the ASSET_IUT audit event is logged for the original asset only. No audit is logged for the creation of the new asset whether it was created via the TRF/TRF or the RET/ADD IUT transaction pair. When the IUT is performed using the RET/ADD IUT transaction pair, the audit log for the originating asset does not note that the asset was retired.
It is expected that as a result of the IUT functionality, the transferred to or added asset will have an audit event logged as occurs for the Copy Asset function.
This issue can be verified be replicating the following steps:
1) Enable the Audit Logs for the AM module. Check all audit events.
2) Create and then copy the asset to generate new assets.
3) Depreciate all assets.
4) Search on the audit logs for all assets.
5) Perform an IUT via the TRF/TRF transaction pair.
6) Depreciate the transferred from asset.
7) Search on the audit logs for the transferred from/to assets.
8) Perform an IUT via the RET/ADD transaction pair.
9) Depreciate the retired asset.
10) Search on the audit logs for the retired/added assets.
The creation mode of assets created via an IUT are not notated in the audit log. This breaks the connection between the originating and generated assets from the standpoint of the audit log.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document