E-PORTAL: Erroneous Repeated Instantiation Of Event Mapping Framework SaveEdit Event
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Erroneous repeated instantiation of Event Mapping Framework SaveEdit event
PUM 22 / HCM Demo database
1. Create the following Application Package : VD_GSC_TEST, with one class, VD_GSC_TEST
2. Add the following code for the class :
/* Oracle GSC test */import PT_RCF:ServiceInterface;
class VD_GSC_TEST implements PT_RCF:ServiceInterface
Component number &ctr;
/+ Extends/implements PT_RCF:ServiceInterface.execute +/
&ctr = &ctr + 1;
Error " Error Nbr: " | &ctr;
3. Define the following Related Content Service (PeopleTools -> Portal -> Related Content Service -> Define Related Content Service) :
4. Go to Manage Event Mapping, add Content reference for Job data (Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data)
5. Go to Job data (Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data).
Choose an EmplID. Change any value and Save.
6. Notice that
i) the Error does not halt processing, and still permits the Save.
ii) Also note that the SaveEdit event is triggered over 80 times.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms