Last updated on JUNE 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM 9.2 Image #11 systems were upgraded from PeopleTools 8.53 to PeopleTools 8.54.26. Since then, the Payables Functional Users are complaining about a performance degradation when performing Voucher Search, and opening of the selected transaction, to get displayed the Voucher Summary page (VCHR_SUMMARY_PG). From different tests, the below have been the results obtained:
- To return Voucher Search results using 3 characters: Used to be 1-2 seconds, but now it takes 12 to 28 seconds
- To return Voucher Search results using 2 characters: Used to be around 4 seconds, but now it takes over a minute sometimes, but never less than 10 seconds
- To return Voucher Search results using 1 character: Used to be around 4 seconds, but now it takes no less than 30 seconds each time, sometimes worse
- To open the Voucher Summary page once a transaction was selected: Used to take around 2 seconds, but currently it is taking a mean of 26 seconds
In order to improve performance, the technical team already has tried to:
- Purge the cache locally
- Delete the cache from the Server
- Restart the Database
- Rebuild the Views
- Placed an ORDERED hint on the PS_VND_LVL_DFHI_VW and PS_VOUCHER_SRCH_VW views
However, while performance improved in the beginning after such tasks, with the past of several hours of daily work, it would start slowing down once again.
1.- Log into the FSCM Online Application as a Payables User
2.- Navigate to: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
3.- Perform a search on existing Vouchers (using one, two, or three characters on Voucher ID field)
4.- The performance degrades for the search results to be listed
5.- Select one transaction, and wait to get the Voucher Summary Page (VCHR_SUMMARY_PG) displayed
6.- Again, performance degradation is being experienced before the page gets fully loaded
The Regular Voucher search functionality used to be efficient, but since the PeopleTools upgrade took place, both the search and the opening of the Voucher Summary page take a much longer time to complete. This affects efficiency, and productivity of the involved Users.
Voucher Search results getting displayed, and those selected transactions opened should be achieved in an efficient and timely manner.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms