BPW Will Not Process Journals Second Time When Using The Same Run Control
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Billing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Billing
BPW will not process journals when commitment control is turned on for billing or when the same run control is used the 2nd time when KK is not turned on
BPW should process journals as expected.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on KK for Billing
2. Add EGV01/I70MAINT/FEDERAL project/Activity to ROADS01 contract in EGV01 in demo
3. Added a new transaction for DESIGN activity in EGV01/I70MAINT/
4. Funds Distribution Rule set to create target FDF rows for any ACT transaction in DESIGN activity
5. Run Funds distribution process. Review that EGV01/I70MAINT/FEDERAL project/Activity has now FDF and BIL
6. Run as Main Menu > Customer Contracts > Schedule and Process Billing > Process As Incurred Billing for the contract...
7. This will launch BPW
10. Notice that After BUDGET_CHK (depends may be skipped or turned on depending on installation options for billing), FS_JGEN runs but no rows will be processed.
Journal Generator processing has begun 2017-01-24-21.33.54.000000.
9:34:09PM Published message with ID d6fdf041-e27c-11e6-a266-e3b04d724ac3 for Status Notification.
9:34:09PM Published message with ID d7015e1b-e27c-11e6-a266-e3b04d724ac3 for Status Notification.
9:34:15PM Request 1 complete 2017-01-24-21.34.15.000000. 0 Journals created. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Says this message
9:34:15PM Journal Generator processing complete 2017-01-24-21.34.15.000000.
9:34:24PM Published message with ID e009948f-e27c-11e6-a266-e3b04d724ac3 for Status Notification.
9:34:24PM Published message with ID e00bd09d-e27c-11e6-a266-e3b04d724ac3 for Status Notification.
9:34:24PM Published message with ID e02a5dd8-e27c-11e6-8c41-87045fcbcf6c to create entry in folder GENERAL.
9:34:24PM Successfully posted generated files to the report repository
9:34:24PM Published message with ID e035177b-e27c-11e6-8c41-87045fcbcf6c for Status Notification
When KK is turned off,
1. Create a BIL row to be processed by CA_BI_INTFC
2. Using new run control, launch BPW via CA_BI_INTFC and this process journals to GL
3. Create another BIL row to be processed by CA_BI_INTFC
4. Using same run control, launch BPW via CA_BI_INTFC and this does not process journals to GL
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms