Accounting Rules - Inter-Organization Level Other Than ‘Default’ Doesn’t Work As Expected When A Wild Card '%' Is Used for Account In Accounting Rules
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, GL Integration
Accounting entries are not getting created for Inter-Organization level other than ‘Default’ when a wild card '%' is used for Account on the Accounting Entries section of the Accounting Rules.
Accounting entries should get created with this type of set up.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable Organization for project costing
2. Define the organization hierarchy to include 3 level (GL BU, Operating Unit, Dept)
3. Create a project/activity combination
4. Associate the Organization to the Project (US004, CALIF, 41000)
5. Create an accounting rules with PC BU, GL BU as 'US004' for ACT transaction. The accounting entries will have % for account and all fields. The Debit will use Org to book as 'Project' and Credit will use Org to book as 'Resource'.
5. Add a transaction 'ACT' with (GL BU, Operating Unit, Dept, Account ) as (US004, CALIF, 42000, 100000)
6. Run PSA_ACCTGGL process to create accounting entries.
7. No Accounting entries are created
But when using an actual account value of 100000 on both the credit and debit lines of the accounting rule, the PSA_ACCTGGL does create the accounting entries as expected. But the expectation is to have the system create the accounting rules even when the account is a % value for the debit and credit lines.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms