EPY: New York State Paid Family Leave Law
(Doc ID 2277346.1)
Last updated on MAY 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 8.8 SP1 to 9.2 [Release 8.8 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. What type of deduction will be used, General or Benefit?
2. What process will be used to determine eligibility for the deduction?
3. Where will the New York State Average Weekly Wage be stored?
4. Where will the New York State maximum employee contribution % be stored?
5. How will weekly wages be captured so the deduction can be based on them?
5a. To ensure that the maximum employee weekly contribution does not exceed .126% of the SAWW, the Additional Rate page will have a new tax class with $1.65 in the Maximum Gross field (0.126% of SAWW $1,305.92)?
6. Will there be a page developed displaying the employee’s earnings codes by week that are eligible for the weekly wage calculation, similar to the Review FLSA Pay Data page?
7. Will there be a page developed displaying the employee’s average weekly wage (over 8 weeks) that will be used in the calculation of the PFL to pay the employee? If so, will this display the AWW that is defined in the regs under 355.9 “whichever is the higher amount, by the number of weeks or portion thereof of such employment”?
8. What format will this new development come in, PRP or PUM or Tax Update?
9. Where can we find development updates as this is being worked on?
10. This question is in regards to the NYS Workers Comp Board section 380-2.6: Family Leave Waiver. Now that we understand there will be a new field FLI Status on the employee State Tax Data page, perhaps one of the options will be Waived?
11. We understand we will need to setup a tax deduction by first setting up the Additional Rates on the NY State Tax Table. I gather the tax class would be Family Leave Insurance -EE? / Voluntary Family Leave Ins - EE.
12) If setting up the Additional Rates for tax class Family Leave Insurance - EE the tax base should be 'disability" and tax rate 0.001260 and maximum gross = $67,908.
13) Then the next functionality we would need is to ensure employees are setup on the state tax data correctly?
14) Will PeopleSoft be delivering additional developments for payroll to ensure we are deducting taxes accurately?
15) Will we need to set up a earnings code to pay our employees or does the pay comes from our Vendor responsible for processing the PFL?
16) How does the system know which earnings codes (wages at calc time) to include? How are the wages identified that will be used to take the NY FLI/EE tax from?
Employers are permitted, but are NOT required, to begin collecting premiums
from employees on July 1. Employers are only required to begin collecting
premiums from employees beginning with wages paid on or after January 1,
2018. Deducting premiums from employees is optional during the period from
July 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
Effective from July 1, 2017, to Dec. 31, 2017, employers in New York are NOT
to be required to deduct employees wages for the state's new paid
family-leave tax of 0.126 percent, the state Workers Compensation Board told
Bloomberg BNA on June 15. (The state previously said that deductions for the
paid family-leave tax would be mandatory during this period.)
Effective Jan. 1, 2018, employers either must deduct paid family-leave tax
from employees wages or pay the cost of paid family-leave premiums
themselves instead of deducting employees¿ wages.
Sample check in attachments
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!