E-LDAP: LDAP Timeout Settings in PSAPPSRV.CFG is Not Working Correctly
(Doc ID 2279695.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
LDAP timeout settings in psappsrv.cfg is not working correctly. Change the timeout value didn't take any effect.
1. Login PIA with Admin User and configure ldap user settings in PIA page;
2. Open psappsrv.cfg in text editor, change "LDAP LogFence" to 3, change"Connection TimeOut" of LDAP to 10;
3. Logout, restart appserver, and login with ldap user account, should be successful;
4. Logout and login with VP1, navigator to "Directory Setup", change the ippaddr in "LDAP Server" to a non-existing ippaddr; navigator to "authentication map", select the ippaddr in "List of Servers";
5. Save and logout;
6. Login with ldap user account, should be failed;
7. Check the log of appserver, the time interval between log item "Exception
happened while creating context" and the previous one is 21 seconds
(appserver on windows platform). The expected result should be 10 seconds.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document