When Readying Amendment For A New Line, Bill Plan/Rev Plan From Other Line Set To HOLD
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When setting Amendment to Ready for adding a new contract line, it sets Bill Plan/Rev Plan from other contract line to HOLD
When Amendment is done system is changing the Previous PRG status Bill plan and Revenu plan as on Hold.
• When Amendment is changed to Ready.
• Any of the Previous amendment, which has GROSS_CHANGE (Price Change) and Revenue Plan/Bill Plan Still in progress.
• System will change Bill Plan and Revenue Plan on hold and also update hold date as Sysdate (except Immediate billing plans ).
Here is the PeopleSoft Delivered logic.(CA_CHG_HDR_PNG.GBL.CA_CHG_HDR.SavePostChange)
/* Put plans on hold from amended lines when amend set to Ready
* Immediate billing plans do not get put on hold */
If CA_CHG_HDR.CHG_STATUS.Value = "R" And
SQLExec("UPDATE PS_CA_ACCTPLAN SET HOLD_FLAG = 'Y', HOLD_DATE = %CurrentDateIn WHERE CONTRACT_NUM = :1 AND ACCT_PLAN_ID IN (SELECT ACCT_PLAN_ID FROM PS_CA_DETAIL CD, PS_CA_CHG_DTL CHG WHERE CD.CONTRACT_NUM = :1 AND CHG.CONTRACT_NUM = :1 AND CD.CONTRACT_LINE_NUM = CHG.CONTRACT_LINE_NUM AND CHG.FIELDNAME = 'GROSS_AMT') AND HOLD_FLAG = 'N' AND AP_STATUS = 'PRG'", CA_CHG_HDR.CONTRACT_NUM);
SQLExec("UPDATE PS_CA_BILL_PLAN SET HOLD_FLAG = 'Y', HOLD_DATE = %CurrentDateIn WHERE CONTRACT_NUM = :1 AND BILL_PLAN_ID IN (SELECT BILL_PLAN_ID FROM PS_CA_DETAIL CD, PS_CA_CHG_DTL CHG WHERE CD.CONTRACT_NUM = :1 AND CHG.CONTRACT_NUM = :1 AND CD.CONTRACT_LINE_NUM = CHG.CONTRACT_LINE_NUM AND CHG.FIELDNAME = 'GROSS_AMT') AND HOLD_FLAG = 'N' AND BP_STATUS = 'PRG' AND BILL_PLAN_TYPE <> '06'", CA_CHG_HDR.CONTRACT_NUM);
System should NOT put bill plan from other contract line to hold when adding a new contract line via amendment
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add contract with 1 contract line.. activate
2. Process some of the event in the bill plan so it would be in progress status
3. Amend the contract and change the price for contract line 1.
4. it set bill plan to hold when setting the amendment to ready and set to action required after the amendment set to complete. Reviewed the bill plan it will put back to in progress.
5. Do another amendment for adding contract line 2. When setting the amendment to ready, it sets the bill plan back to hold status.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms