Last updated on JUNE 30, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
No error occurs when user adds a new grade related to a non-existent salary plan via the "SALARY_GRADE" Component Interface tester (in Application Designer tool).
Doing the same steps in PIA generates "Invalid value. Press the prompt button or hyperlink for a list of valid values (15,11)" error.
Both component & CI should be in sync. PIA is working correctly, CI behavior is wrong. CI should not allow to save salary grade without salary plan.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Setup HCM > Product Related > Compensation > Base Compensation >Salary Grades > add a new value
2. Get error "Invalid value. Press the prompt button or hyperlink for a list of valid values (15,11)"
Via CI :
1. In Application Designer, open the SALARY_GRADE component interface (vanilla CI)
2. In the Component Interface Tester dialog box, test the component interface by adding the following values:
- SETID : SSD (existing setid)
- SAL_ADMIN_PLAN: BXX (new value)
- GRADE: A3 (new value)
3. Click on "create new". Following screen is displayed:
4. Add a description and save it.
5. Check the result online: The salary grade A3 is added even if the salary plan BXX doesn't exit.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms