CM: Reconciled Not Posted To GL Payments Show As Positive In Book To Bank Un-booked Payments
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Cash Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
AP Payment transactions that are Reconciled but not posted to the GL are showing as Unbooked Payments in the Book To Bank Reconciliation, with the wrong sign.
Image 19 introduced bug fix 22630959 which disabled step TR_BTB_CALC.UpdMAmts.AdjSign. This step negated bank debit transactions in the Book to Bank table. It seems the rationale to disable the step was that these transactions are coming from the BANK_STMT_TBL and the amounts are already negative because they are deductions from the bank account.
While disabling this step corrected the issue with bank statement sourced transactions, I believe it introduced a problem with the Payments that have already been Reconciled but not yet posted to the GL.
Step TR_BTB_CALC.Unbook3.NotPostd Inserts AP Payment transactions which have been reconciled but not posted to the GL (their associated Voucher Accounting Lines don’t have corresponding posted Journal Entries). The data source for this step is the PYMNT_AMT in the AP Payment table PAYMENT_TBL. This amount is carried as a positive value and not the negative value found in the BANK_STMT_TBL. Previous to the bug fix, step TR_BTB_CALC.UpdMAmts.AdjSign would negate the amount making these transactions appear properly. Disabling that step now results in the transactions from step TR_BTB_CALC.Unbook3.NotPostd (Reconciled but not Posted) retaining their positive sign, which is incorrect.
To reproduce this issue, it will require a payment transaction that is reconciled to a bank statement transaction. The payment transaction should not have any posted journal lines associated to the payment transaction. The following steps can be used to create such a scenario if this does not currently exist in the test environment.
1. Create an AP voucher for a supplier who is paid by check.
2. Pay the newly created voucher.
3. The scenario requires a payment without a posted journal entry. Any of the following should work:
The AP payment can be left unposted
The AP payment can be posted but DO NOT run Journal Generation
The AP payment can be posted and Journal Generation run, but DO NOT post the Journal
4. A bank statement file containing a check payment transaction with the same reference should be loaded. As an alternative, it should be possible to enter this transaction manually with the Enter Bank Statements function.
5. The bank statement check transaction should be reconciled to the AP payment transaction. It should not matter if this is done with Auto Reconciliation, Semi-Manual Reconciliation or Manual Reconciliation.
6. Run the Select Book to Bank Statements and run the calculations for the bank statement.
7. Open the statement in Book to Bank Reconciliation and select the statement detail. View the detail within Unbooked Payments. The check payment should be showing with a message "Reconciled, not posted to the GL". The check payment amount will show as a positive amount, which is not correct. The amount should appear as a negative considering it's a check payment.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms