PC_COPY_AE STEP.00000010.STEP 01 CallAppengine: Application PC_COPY_AE:AppEngine Error.(2,653) PC_CPY_PROJ_WRK.TEMPLATE_COPY.SavePostChange
(Doc ID 2282393.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When two users attempt to create a new project by copying an existing project, one of the two will receive errors. The problem appears to arise from a SQL deadlock error attempting to UPDATE PS_INSTALLATION_PC SET IN_USE_SW = 'Y'
Process ABENDED at Step PC_COPY_AE STEP.00000010.STEP01 (SQL) -- RC = 8602 (108,524)
CallAppengine: Application PC_COPY_AE:AppEngine Error.(2,653) PC_CPY_PROJ_WRK.TEMPLATE_COPY.SavePostChange PCPC:2751 Statement:53
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open same environment in 2 different web browsers: One in Chrome & One in IE
2. Navigate to Project Costing/Utilities/Copy Project
3. Select a project to copy with activities
4. Then Select Copy as close to the same time as possible in both browsers
5. Error message is produced.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document