Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When two users attempt to create a new project by copying an existing project, one of the two will receive errors. The problem appears to arise from a SQL deadlock error attempting to UPDATE PS_INSTALLATION_PC SET IN_USE_SW = 'Y'
Process ABENDED at Step PC_COPY_AE STEP.00000010.STEP01 (SQL) -- RC = 8602 (108,524)
CallAppengine: Application PC_COPY_AE:AppEngine Error.(2,653) PC_CPY_PROJ_WRK.TEMPLATE_COPY.SavePostChange PCPC:2751 Statement:53
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open same environment in 2 different web browsers: One in Chrome & One in IE
2. Navigate to Project Costing/Utilities/Copy Project
3. Select a project to copy with activities
4. Then Select Copy as close to the same time as possible in both browsers
5. Error message is produced.
< Internal Only
Internal Only >
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms