E-RC:POPUP FIELD BUTTON VISIBLE FOR HIDDEN FIELDS
Last updated on JULY 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ISSUE:The popup menu icon for a field is still visible even though the field is
hidden through peoplecode.
Disabling the “Product” field on a Helpdesk case (or Support case), does not remove the product transfer button or product hierarchy button…also leaving a large space between the remaining fields.
1) Log into CRM 9.2 with VP1.
2) Go to Helpdesk > Search Cases….open any existing case.
3) Go to the “Case Details” tab. Under “Case Information” Main subtab….notice that the ‘Product’ and ‘Description’ fields are present and spaced correctly
4) GO to Setup CRM > Common Defn > Component Configuration > Display Templates > Display Template Details….search where Component = RC_CASE
5) Scroll thru the results and select the value for RC_HELPDESK for Helpdesk.
6) Drill into “Case Details” page link…the following page is displayed
7) Select “Show Section Details” link at the bottom.
8) Scroll down to CASE_INFO ‘General’ tab. Find and uncheck (disable) two rows: Product and Description
9) SAVE the changes. Go back to the case. Then go to “Case Details” tab to see the changes. The issues are: 1) The product lookup button is still present; 2) The Product Hierarchy button is still present; 3) A large space exists between the fields where the ‘Product’ and ‘Description’ fields once were located. This is the reported bug. See below the “Product Group” field
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms