Last updated on JULY 02, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Forcing Express Payment to take discount results in incorrect withholding basis
If a Vendor is setup for withholding and a voucher is paid through Express Payment where the discount date has passed but we override the Payment to Apply Discount, the Withholding Basis is calculated as the voucher amount not the discounted amount paid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Withholding supplier info– withholding check box checked for USA1099001
2. Make sure that apply discounts is checked in withholding options
3. Create Voucher: Invoice Date and Invoice Received set so to miss Discount Due Date, Terms set to take 2%Discount 10 Days/Net30 Withholding applied
4. Pay the voucher through Express Payment.
After selecting Express Payment you are brought to the Express Payment screen. Note that the Apply Discount is UNCHECKED since we are past the discount due date and the Vendor is not setup to always take the Discount regardless of date.
5. Select the Apply Discount Flag.
6. Create the Payment.
7. Print the Check.
8. Verify Check Amount is for the Discounted Amount:
Check the PS_PYMNT_VCHR_WTHD table and see that the Withhold Basis is set to the full voucher amount (it did not take into account the discount amount).
9. Post the voucher.
10. Post the payment.
11. Run Update Withholdings.
12. Run Post Withholdings.
13. Run RPT_1099 Job.
14. Run COPY B.
See that the PS_WTHD_TRXN_TBL was added for the full voucher amount not the paid amount as it should have been.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms