Issue with Brazil Third Party Contract Proportional Amount Calculation
(Doc ID 2285995.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Brazil - Version 9 to 9 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Third Party Contract with the "proportional amount" and having an exemption for the student, the percentage value is calculated in the wrong way and resulting in assignment of the wrong value of the contract.
Proportional value (contract maximum value) determined with "R $ 500,00" .
The percentage to be calculated should be "10.17663%" since this corresponds to R $ 500.00 on charges of R $ 4,913.22.
However the percentage calculation determines a value of 6.78442" %. Being calculated on the sum of the charges plus a waiver, for a sum amount of R $ 7,369.83
Student charges amount "R $ 4,913.22" and exemption value of "R $ 2,456.61"
The wrong amount is then assigned to the student account during the assignment to a Third Party Contract.
Proportional amount calculations for third party contracts are incorrectly using charges plus exemptions.
Only charge amounts permitted for payment by the third party contract should be used in calculating the percentage amount, and ten the
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Student Financials, Payment Plans, Third Party Contract, Create;
2. Create a new third party contract, with a Maximum Amount = 500 BRL. Percentage is calculated to be 6.78442;
3. Navigate to Student Financials, Payment Plans, Third Party Contracts, Assign;
4. Select the contract created in Step 2 above;
5. Assign an emplid to the contract. The emplid must have charges and a waiver on their account;
6. Set the maximum contract amount for the student on the contract to 500 BRL;
7. Contract credit calculated is incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document