EAP: Voucher Build creates Debit Memo Adjustment Voucher with Accounting Date in prior period
(Doc ID 2289210.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Voucher has an Accounting Date and Invoice Date of 05/31/2016, and has Match Exceptions for Rules 490 and Rule 500.
The period for May 2016 is closed. The Open Period is now August 2016.
On the Match Workbench, both Match Rules are overridden with Action = Debit Memo, and Matching is run.
Voucher Build is creating the Debit Memo Adjustment Voucher in a Recycle Status with an error due to the Accounting Date being in a closed period since the Accounting Date = 05/31/2016. Accounting Date = 05/31/2016 is from the original PO Voucher.
In addition, since the PO Voucher has VAT, VAT error occurred since the VAT could not be calculated and applied.
Expected the Accounting Date to be changed to the current date when Voucher Build was run since the Invoice Date was changed to the current date.
Accounting Date Accounting Date is not in Open Period.
Entered VAT Amount Voucher errors present - VAT could not be calculated and applied.
1. Match Rule Control setup
Match Rule = DEBIT_MEMO
Rules 490 and 500 are specified with "If Rule is True Take Action" = Exception
2. Open Period Update shows the Period opened until 05/31/2016
3. On the Supplier > Location > Payables hyperlink > Payables Options page, under Debit Memo Options setup, Allow DebitMemo box is checked
4. Create a PO for a Canadian Business Unit and Supplier
PO Date = 05/31/2016
Qty = 10
Matching setup with Match Rule = DEBIT_MEMO
No Matching Tolerances are setup for the PO
5. Dispatch the PO
6. Create the Voucher for a Canadian Business Unit from the PO
7. Invoice Date and Accounting Date = 05/31/2016
8. Change the Unit Price from 50 to 75
9. Run Matching for the Voucher
10. Voucher has Match Exceptions
11. Match Exception Workbench Details page has the following Exceptions:
Rule 490 (Voucher Line Price <> PO Price with Rule Amount)
Rule 500 (Voucher Line Price <> PO Price with Rule Percent)
12. On the Override Options tab, set Action = Debit Memo for Rule 490 and 500
13. Change Open Period Update to only have the period of August 2016 opened
14. Run Matching
15. Matching completes to Success and kicks off Voucher Build, which also runs to Success
16. Debit Memo Adjustment Voucher created with Entry Status = Recycled with the above Header Errors
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!