E-AWE: Error Encountered When Using AWE Monitor Approvals To Approve Or Deny Transaction With Custom AWE: 'The specified field was not found in the indicated scroll level'
Last updated on JULY 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Approval Framework Workflow (AWE) Custom Process, Monitor Approvals.
Error results when using AWE Monitor Approvals to approve or deny transaction a custom AWE Transaction. As a Workflow Administrator using Monitor Approvals Menu to either approve or deny a custom transactions in pending approval status, The following error is encountered.
However, both approval actions work when approving the same transaction using the custom approval page and component.
Additional information pertaining to Issue clarification;
Applying any AWE Workflow approval action (Approve or Deny) from the custom Approval Menu and Component works. However, applying similar Action to the same AWE Process Definition from the Monitor Approvals Component as a Workflow Administrator would cause an error. Some of the common errors are,
(1) None key fields of the transaction header record are missing, though they are present in the approval component "Structure" tab in application designer.
(2) Referenced HeaderRec.FieldName could not be found in the expected scroll level.
popup Message 1
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps, while testing custom AWE approval:
1. Code a custom AWE Approval.
2. Configure Monitor Approvals.
3. Navigate to Monitor Approvals
4. Attempt to Approve or Deny Pending GBHR_AOB_CHKLST_APPROVAL, as the Workflow Administrator.
4. Observe pop up message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms