The System Allows Employee To Submit Absence Request When Forecasting Error
(Doc ID 2292140.1)
Last updated on JULY 05, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Self Service
Denied, Cancelled and Rework filters are deleted from the Absence forecast transactions.
With this setup, when a user edits the denied leave and tries to forecast the leave without modifying dates, Forecast is throwing the below Error message: "Error Code (17005, 000477) occurred. Please take note of this error code and notify your system administrator. "
This error is thrown on the absence request history page only when the denied leave is the only transaction displayed within the date range.
When there is another transaction along with Denied leave, it is returning the Eligible message. Behavior is inconsistent with the data.
Also, after the above error message, if the user tries to click on forecast button again, the forecast returns eligible message. It seems with the first forecast click the leave status is getting changed to 'Saved' which is an existing filter, so the next click returned correct message.
Error Code (17005, 000477) occurred. Please take note of this error code and notify your system administrator.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Deleted 'Denied', 'Cancelled' and 'Rework' filters from the absence forecast transactions ¿ Forecast filters page
2. Logged in as payee and submitted leave request
3. Manager has denied the submitted leave
4. There is another leave request along with the denied leave on the Absence request history page, Employee tried to forecast the denied leave
5. Leave forecast was successful and returned Eligible message
6. Now removed the other leave request(Deleted transaction from the Absence Event page) So there's only one leave shown in the Absence request history page for the given duration
7. Employee tried Editing the leave request and performed forecast, Forecast returns Error "Error Code (17005, 000477) occurred. Please take note of this error code and notify your system administrator."
8. Clicked on forecast button again, surprisingly it returned Eligible.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document