New Owner of HR Notepad Note Cannot Transfer or Delete Note
(Doc ID 2293741.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A user's EMPLID which is the owner of an HR Notepad Note is unable to transfer or delete the note. Only the creator of the note can take these actions. But if the creator of the note is no longer employed, then the note cannot be transferred or deleted by any user, even if they have ownership of the note.
It is expected that if the creator of a note is no longer employed, then a different owner should inherit transfer and deletion privileges for a note. Even if there is not code added to check once an original creator has left, since the different owners already have edit and save privileges, it is expected that these owners should be able to transfer or delete a note they own.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure that config for HR notepad allows transfers and and deletions for job data notepad.
2. As PS user navigate to Job data and search for employee KU0008 and select
3. Click on the Notepad icon
4. Add a new note and save note
5. Select the created note and click on the transfer button
6. Transfer the note to Rosanna Channing (User ID HCRUSA_KU0046)
7. Navigate to User Profiles and for userID HCRUSA_KU0046 add the Federal Employee and the HR Administrator role so that the HCRUSA_KU0046 user can have access to the note
8. Login to HCRUSA_KU0046
9. Navigate to Job data and search for employee KU0008 and select
10. Click on the Notepad icon
11. Notice that the Select Icon is not available to the user even though user can go and successfully update the note by selecting the note.
12. Login as PS user and navigate to the note on Job data for employee KU0008. Notice that the user can select the note even though they are no longer the owner of the note. However, they cannot transfer or update the note.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document