EGL9.2: Consolidation Calculation Log/ Elimination Out Of Balance Report Is Created With Incorrect Chartfields For Out Of Balance Debit/Credit Entries
(Doc ID 2294360.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consolidation creates calculation log with incorrect chartfields for out of balance debit/credit entries, when the Chartfields selected for out of balance entry & Chartfields selected for including in elimination entries differ.
Steps to Replicate:
1. In interunit template modify the active accounting entry rows for transaction code 'GENERAL' to include any other chartfield value. [e.g. Department]
2. Attach the interunit template to Parent & Subsidiary business units that would be used for test.
3. Set up Elimination unit & create a tree consolidation including Parent Business unit, Subsidiaries & Elimination unit.
4. Create a Consolidation Ledger Set including the ledgers attached to Parent Business unit, Subsidiaries & Elimination unit.
5. Create an Elimination Set. On Elimination Lines tab, include only one interunit Account (as defined in interunit template), so that out of balance scenario would occur.
6. Create Consolidation Set. On Journal Options tab in ‘Elimination Includes ChartFields’ section, make sure to include another Chartfield other than Account & Affiliate
[include same chartfield chosen in step 1]
7. Create & Post required interunit transaction data for Elimination.
8. Request Consolidation process, Make sure ‘Create Calculation Log’ option is selected.
9. Review the details of output journal created. Check the chartfield value(department CF value in this example) for out of balance entry & other entry.
10. Query Consolidation Dashboard to view the chartfield value(department CF value in this example) for for out of balance entry & other entry.
11. Run Elimination Out of Balance Report & review the row corresponding to for out of balance entry & other entry.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Department value is incorrectly populated for the out of balance line in consolidation log & Elimination Out of Balance Report.
The log entries for out of balance row should be similar to the corresponding row in Journal line.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document