EAP: No validation for invalid Account on the Procurement Control > Withholding Chartfields page
Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is no validation done on the online save of the Procurement Control page for the Withholding chartfields, or by Payment Post when creating the Withholding Liability entries.
If the Account is populated from the back-end with an incorrect value, when doing an online save of the Procurement Control page, there should be an error message alerting the user that an incorrect Account exists. In addition, Payment Post should not post to an invalid Account without any errors.
1. Run the following statement to populate the Withholding Chartfield with an invalid Account value:
UPDATE PS_WTHD_BU_JUR_DTL SET ACCOUNT = '123456' WHERE BUSINESS_UNIT = 'US001' and WTHD_ENTITY = 'IRS' AND WTHD_TYPE = '1099' AND WTHD_CLASS = '01'
This Account does not exist in the system
2. Navigate to the Procurement Control > Withholding page
3. Click the Chartfields hyperlink
4. On the Withholding Chartfields page, check the invalid Account
5. Attempt to save the Procurement Control page online
6. No errors on saving the page
7. Create Withholding Voucher
8. Create the Payment
9. Record the Withholding Payment
10. Post the Voucher
11. Post the Payments
12. Withholding Liability lines created with incorrect Account with no errors at Payment Post
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms