Request For Quote - Award Quote Page Throwing Data Conflict Error On Save
(Doc ID 2296458.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 PUM 22, Request for Quote (RFQ)
Request for Quote - Award Quote page throwing Data Conflict Error on Save
While trying to save the Award Quote page, a data conflict error message is displayed.
This occurs for those RFQs where a supplier location, which is not defined in the item supplier, is selected.
When those RFQs are being awarded, it tries to enter this new location to the item vendor table. This throws a data conflict error.
"Data being added conflicts with existing data (18,2)" message and doesn't allow the award to be saved.
Data being added conflicts with existing data (18,2)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to: Main Menu -> Purchasing -> Request for Quotes -> Add/Update RFQs
2. Click the Add button
3. Add an Item ID having a Supplier with Multiple Locations
4. Click the Dispatch Supplier List link
5. Select the Supplier ID and Location (use the additional location)
6. Press the OK button and then Save the RFQ
7. Navigate to: Main Menu>Purchasing>Request for Quotes>Dispatch Quotes
8. Add a new run control
9. Select the RFQ created in previous steps
10. Click the Run button
11. Select the RFQDISP process
12. Click the OK button and check the Process Monitor for Success
13. Navigate to: Main Menu>Purchasing>Request for Quotes>Add/Update Supplier Responses
14. Click the Supplier Responded checkbox and enter: Minimum Quantity and Price
15. Click the Save button
16. Navigate to: Main Menu>Purchasing>Request for Quotes>Award Quotes
17. Enter in a Qty Award
18. Click the Save button
19. Click the OK button: Error Message appears
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot save award quotes
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document